6 Steps To Clean A Dirty Mattress And Maintain Methods
Six Steps To Keep Home Foam Mattress Clean
1. Mattress dust removal
If the mattress has accumulated a lot of dust after sleeping for a period of time, it is recommended to turn the mattress over and lean against the wall every time you change the sheets or quilt cover, and beat it repeatedly with a wooden stick to loosen the dust on it, and then Then clean it with a vacuum cleaner. Of course, if the balcony at home is spacious, it would be better to dry the mattress in the sun.
2. Mattress removes urine stains
The child peed on the mattress and when it dries, not only does it smell bad, but it also has unsightly urine stains. You can choose to pour some white vinegar on the place with urine stains, and after 1 hour, use a wet towel to gently absorb the stains by pressing. Do not wipe it hard, as this may cause the stain to expand. If the effect of the towel is not obvious, you can use a toothbrush dipped in water to clean it, and then dry it with a hair dryer.
3. Mattress sterilization and deodorization
After sleeping on the mattress for a long time, if it gets wet again, the mattress will have an unpleasant smell, or it will also smell after urinating. You can use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the impurities on the mattress first, and then sprinkle the baking soda evenly on the mattress. After 2 hours, use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the baking soda on the mattress, and the peculiar smell on the bed will disappear.
4. Mattress to remove blood stains
(1) During menstruation, girls may accidentally get menstrual blood stains on the mattress. You can spray medical hydrogen peroxide with a concentration of about 3%, and when it bubbles, wash it with water, then dry the wet place with a light-colored rag, and then blow dry with a hair dryer.
(2) To deal with fresh blood stains, there is another magic weapon, which is ginger. Put some ginger water on the blood stain, then wipe it with a cold water rag, then blot with a dry cloth or paper towels. Because ginger will loosen and disintegrate protein stains in the process of rubbing with blood, and it also has a bleaching function.
(3) If it is old blood stains, you can change to another vegetable, namely carrots. First add salt to the carrot juice, then drip the adjusted juice on the old blood stains, and wipe with a rag dampened with cold water. Because the hemoglobin in blood stains is the main color-developing substance, and carrots contain a lot of carotene, which can neutralize the iron ions in blood stains to produce colorless substances.
5. Mattresses go to colored drinks
To remove colored beverages from the mattress, you can use medical rubbing alcohol, because most beverage stains can be dissolved in rubbing alcohol, but alcohol will also spread the stain, so use a absorbent cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol to wipe the stain , instead of pouring alcohol directly on it. Alternatively, use a citrus cleaner or vinegar to reduce the stain.
6. Mattress kills mites
If the mattress is not cleaned for a long time, it is easy to breed mites in it. Mites can cause people to suffer from various diseases such as asthma, rhinitis, and skin allergies. There are mites in the mattress, and a special ultraviolet mite removal device or ultrasonic mite removal device can be used to kill the mites hiding deep in the mattress.
How To Maintain The Mattress ?
1. Regular flip
Many people often do not change the side of the mattress. If they only sleep on one side, it is easy to cause uneven weight of the mattress. It is recommended to turn the mattress over every three months to make the weight of the mattress more even. Extend the life of your mattress.
2. Regular vacuuming
The mattress can be vacuumed regularly with a vacuum cleaner to avoid dust from forming stains after the mattress is wet. Note that the vacuum cleaner should be sucked close to the surface of the mattress, and pay more attention to the gaps in the grooves, as many dirty things are hidden inside. Generally, it is better to suck once every time the sheets are changed.
3. Keep it clean
Cleaning is an important point to extend the use time of the mattress. If the mattress is dirty, it is natural to try to clean it.
4. Get more sun
Taking the mattress out to dry regularly is also a way to maintain the mattress. More sun exposure is to prevent and eliminate mildew spots. Because the formation of mildew is generally caused by excessive humidity in the house. Therefore, we can regularly find a sunny day and take the mattress outdoors to dry. If there are mildew spots, just wipe them off after drying.
2023/10/12The 28th China International Furniture Fair Review
2023/07/12How To Avoid Oversleeping And Improve Sleeping Quality
2023/05/05CAUTION: Bedroom Air Can Be Life-threatening !
2023/04/12Analysis of Memory Foam Mattress Buying
2023/03/08Upgrade Your Bedroom With An Upholstered Bed Headboard
2023/02/27Cleaning Tips To Keep Your Bedroom Cleaner
2023/02/13How Should Foam Mattresses Be Maintained ?
2023/02/07What Are The Benefits of A Latex Mattress ?
2023/06/122023 IMM Cologne· JLH Furniture Exhibition Review
2023/03/31Welcome To Visit JLH Furniture New Products Show In CIFF
2023/02/20Choose JLH MATTRESS, More Secure Your Sleep Is !
2022/11/21Spring Festival Production Suspension Notice
2022/09/22The Foundation Ceremony of New Headquarters of JLH Furniture !
2022/09/21Warmly Welcome The Leaders of Shunde Polytechnic To Visit Jinglongheng For Communication And Guidance
2022/09/21Memorabilia of JLH Charity Service Team
2022/08/29Pocket Sprung Mattress Purchasing Tips Near Me